Heckler, or gold hog?! Help

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Hey all im stuck on which highbanker to invest in. I like the monster hog because of the small pump used but i am unsure of the matting technologies used in its sluice. I like the heckler as well and believe the miners moss on top of rubber grooves is a proven techlonogy. I dont like the gas guzzling pump suggested for its use but am not totally sure of required water flow through sluices. Why does the monster hog use such a small pump and the heckler use such a large one when the sluices are very similar and so is the hopper im stumped any first hand exp would be great.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PROLINE EVERYTIME AND IN EVERY WAY. A real dredge and a real highbanker in 1-built industrial tough "without" dozens of 90 degree turns in piping that kill psi(requires massive pumps then) and NO dredging on insipid hibanker riffles. Don't sell just what works to get most bang for your buck on forums and craigslist all over,buy used but not abused as newbies don't usually last long at all-John

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Thanks i do like the proline but im not much of a neophyte. Here in Nh highbanking and dredging are not allowed on national forrest land where most of the gold bearing streams are located. Im moving to colorado and have a summer to kill at my leisure. It seems that the keene and proline are popular. I love my proline sluice!
Im looking for a high production model with a long sluice that can handle 2 beasts with shovels both of the models i researched seem to handle all you can throw at them and the monster hog claims over 95% retention.
What ive found is that everyone has a favorite but is one really better than the next? they are all built very similarly. I have found simplicity is best in everything. Bells and whistles just make me frustrated

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only one available by pro line that can run as much as the Monster Hog or Heckler is the Big Banker and its like $4800..ouch...I have seen a heckler run in person it runs so much material and doesent load up under the hopper like Keenes and Prolines do..one thing you have to consider when you are gonaa run that much material is that you may have to become more mobile then you had intended...awesome you get one big chunk of time to deal with I hope you find a good spot to just plop.If you don't hve connections for possible digs I would start making them now...Colorado is heavily claimed almost all claimable placers and creeks running through the hardrock areas there are club claims west of Denver. My inlaws live there. Colorado runs the Gambit of restrictions from dig what you want to.....No way fella...look up prospecting around Boulder...that area is full of potential...and pretty much shut down to prospecting.I am not trying to dicourage at all....just a heads up about what I dealt with when I went still found gold though so go get it!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Golddredger.com (colorado local yokel based) and all my great buds who live there will get ya up to speed as MANY RULES CHANGED last year and miners/mining not so welcome,especially big groups. Now more permits and bonding requirements but no big deal as just paperwork-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread