gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Keppy, that's "Herkimer" diamonds, not Hekimer. I believe these are crystal clear quartz. Just want to clarify this to all. Keppy, you da man!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think it is Herkimer Diamonds, Herkimer NY. On my list of places to check out. :icon_thumright:

Got me by seconds gleaner1. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes some of them come out of the ground looking like they came from a jewlery store.......... Yes i do have a few of them.

Attachments

• herkimer-diamond.jpg
    herkimer-diamond.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 306
  • herkimer-diamond.jpg
    herkimer-diamond.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 438
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
That's true Keppy, very nicely formed crystals, right out of the ground, very cool stuff. Come on up some time and will go scratchin' for some crystals.
Could be i will take you up on that when the weather gets better no snow or ice.. And i have a chance to get away........

Attachments

• AG00347_.gif
    AG00347_.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 300
  • AG00347_.gif
    AG00347_.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 299

General Hekimer

Oct 22, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Keppy and others. I derived the name from General Herkimer, he is a local ledgend from the revolutionary war. Fort Herkimer was just a few miles away, it was destroyed when they enlarged the erie canal I believe in the twenty's . If you have watched the movie "Drums Along the Mohawk", the story they tell happened just across the river from fort Herkimer. I actually have permission to hunt the fields between the fort and the homestead site which is thie basis of the movie. At this moment they are clearing the site of the old homestead for a golf course. I do occasionally find a Herkimer diamond during my searches. A couple of months ago I found a three inch lunker! It just popped out of the hole. Have a good day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions