What's new

Hekimer Question

Keppy

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
8,390
Reaction score
2,873
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
General Hekimer..*****.. A question do you get your name from the fact that............. You live in the part of New York that you find the Hekimer Diamonds at??????? Here is a picture of some Hekimer Diamonds........
 

Attachments

  • herkimer-diamond.webp
    herkimer-diamond.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 389
Hey Keppy, that's "Herkimer" diamonds, not Hekimer. I believe these are crystal clear quartz. Just want to clarify this to all. Keppy, you da man!
 
Think it is Herkimer Diamonds, Herkimer NY. On my list of places to check out. :icon_thumright:


Got me by seconds gleaner1. :laughing9:
 
I'm two hour drive away. You can find one carat and less all day long. It's the big boys ya gotta work for. Regards, gleaner.
 
Yes some of them come out of the ground looking like they came from a jewlery store.......... Yes i do have a few of them.
 

Attachments

  • herkimer-diamond.webp
    herkimer-diamond.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 339
  • herkimer-diamond.webp
    herkimer-diamond.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 477
gleaner1 said:
That's true Keppy, very nicely formed crystals, right out of the ground, very cool stuff. Come on up some time and will go scratchin' for some crystals.
Could be i will take you up on that when the weather gets better no snow or ice.. And i have a chance to get away........
 

Attachments

  • AG00347_.gif
    AG00347_.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 335
  • AG00347_.gif
    AG00347_.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 337
Hello Keppy and others. I derived the name from General Herkimer, he is a local ledgend from the revolutionary war. Fort Herkimer was just a few miles away, it was destroyed when they enlarged the erie canal I believe in the twenty's . If you have watched the movie "Drums Along the Mohawk", the story they tell happened just across the river from fort Herkimer. I actually have permission to hunt the fields between the fort and the homestead site which is thie basis of the movie. At this moment they are clearing the site of the old homestead for a golf course. I do occasionally find a Herkimer diamond during my searches. A couple of months ago I found a three inch lunker! It just popped out of the hole. Have a good day!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom