Hello All! Check out my Silver Ore from Alaska!

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
I've used a Fisher Gold Bug II, though now I have a cheaper Garrett model.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone! From Alaska. I am from Alaska and was born here, however I've traveled a lot.

I learned how to pan gold in the late 80s when my father was working for a big gold mine up on the Paxson Highway. He kept bringing buckets of the stuff home and he showed me the basics and off I went! I was I believe 10 then. My family goes back to the 30s here, my very old great Uncle is a geologist and has bragged many times in the past by brandishing his latest find/s from Caribou Creek (on the Glenn Highway between Palmer & Glennallen). I'll add photos as I dig them up.

This past fall I met an individual who wasn't much of a prospector, but nonetheless he told me of his road trip up to the Paxson Highway last summer in 2020. It's a road I know well. Anyway, we traded gold and junk and he had three or four curious rocks he told me he picked up from a "trash" pile, bordering the highway. I found them interesting and he gave them to me. I crushed and processed one. It was interesting because the "black" sands were acting like gold in the pan! But thanks to a MAP Fuel torch from Home Depot, I cooked the material and dumped it into a small container of water, which I was aiming to get the salts off. Because I was suspecting it as silver.

I dried it, then hit it with the blow torch. The photos are of a few of the rocks I haven't crushed yet, and then after I hit the material with the blow torch. I admit the blow torch was definitely lacking power to melt it all. Still, it did appear to congeal some of the silver together.

Then after all that, I forgot what I did but the silver got tarnished all to hell. And went black again! Oh well. If anyone has silver ore refining capabilities, message me. I'd be willing to work out a deal to split percentages. I suspect the content is quite high. And another hint that it's silver ore, in the process I used my coffee table which is wooden. This was five months ago. The table has a black stain that will not clean out. I think it's lead. Oh well, at least it's stuck on the table!

OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'll post pics as soon as I find out why it's not posting them...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok people, I made a short YouTube video so you can see what I'm yapping about. As you'll see in the video, there's a lot of "silver" dust. I'm 99% sure it's silver. After it's cleaned, if anything like water gets on it, it tarnishes damn near instantly. And the rock permanently stained my table (lead?).

OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my YouTube link gets posted, waiting on the moderator. the rusty old pan, you guys will see those smashed and flat pieces. It ain't lead cause I roasted all that at well over 1000 F, I was shooting for about 1750 f but obviously I fell short. I'm excited to hear everyone's feedback.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Just Found your Video in Moderation.
Because you Were New the System Decided to Push it to Us for Approval & make sure you were Not Posting Spam.
It does that Occasionally

OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Just Found your Video in Moderation.
Because you Were New the System Decided to Push it to Us for Approval & make sure you were Not Posting Spam.
It does that Occasionally

No sweat Jeff. For some reason the regular photo upload option was being buggy and not working. Anyway any refiners out there message me, we can work something out. I can ship and we can do a percentage split or something. None of the rest of those sands would pan out, acting like gold. I simply don't have the torch big enough for the job.

OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an interesting specimen I found about ten years ago. I've been fighting the urge hard to not crush it up lol.

OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grr...Yup you're regular upload ain't working.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grr...Yup you're regular upload ain't working.

Did you look at the link I posted for you on uploading pictures, it is a step by step procedure.

OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the table stain. Nothing gets this stain out. Not a damn thing lol! I've wondered whether I should throw it out. My gut tells me it's lead. After crushing initially, it was winter here. So I had a small tub on the table that I was panning/cleaning up the material before further processing. Halfway through video is the pyrite rock. if I get three votes "yes", I'll crush it up today and show pics of the pan. It's time is almost up lol.

OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will also mention that prior to crushing I ran a garret hand pointer detector and it went off like gold. In my whole life till now, I've never panned out silver like this before.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Alaskans and your awesome rocks. Here in Ohio I get excited to find a bucks of quartz that looks fairly mineralized.

Nice looking stuff.

OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should find a low valley area that has a lot of overburden that has been flooding for millenia. Then with a 1/2 mesh classifier, break up a five gal bucket or so worth. Then use three or four feet of magnet tape you can buy from any sign shop ($30). Attach it to a board. It's now a cheap Clean sluice. Do a few test spots and see what happens. Focus on the lumpiest mounds of mossy gunk you can find downstream. run a yard & pan carefully. Ohio's a glacially tilled place, I bet you have lots of flood gold.

OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a slightly better shot of the silver pan. I still have this material, though it's completely tarnished again. If you're a capable refiner message me peeps! I have about a half pund of it, I can send to you today. We can do a split or something. If it's as good as I suspect, I'll head back to get a truckload real quick lol. Gold miners are throwing it away, it's on the top and they are just disregarding. Oh well. Chris Ralph the Professional Prospector has an episode on YouTube where he discusses identifying Silver ores, and he also said that ores very similar looking to mine were up to 50% silver weight. I'll try to find that episode later.

The Treasurenet uploader hates me. Sorry guys I have to use a Google drive link. It has zero viruses or malware (except the liberal ones that operate it) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A9mrLSIDfcuNoTfq40hzahbKo2Tq50C1/view?usp=sharing

OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've crushed about 2/3 to 100 mesh, the other is around 50 mesh. In this pic, this is the purest mercury I've ever found in nature! I'm taking the material to a refiner in Eagle River tomorrow. The material, IE all three rocks weigh at just over 1 lb. Kinda perfect in a way. If I hypothetically have say $10 in value, then does the number insinuate a potential of $20k per yard?

OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
received_903239296912495.jpeg

OP
OP
SnowdogAk20

SnowdogAk20

May 3, 2021
Palmer, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Result will determine how fast I get up to visit source!

Me and a friend are tentatively planning to roll there if we get a bare minimum of $5.00 we have to travel 6 hours up the road, but the upside is, it's a big pile o rocks on the side of the road. I'll crap myself if I discover a huge ore dump out in the open like that. What I think it is, is firstly, lead & silver deposits occur on top of gold deposits. These miners are likely using the highway as an ore dump to avoid the EPA prickz. You know how the government is if they discover you ran over an out of place liberal at the mine site. Or whatever regulations you're in violation of. They either don't know, or don't care about this top material. Which is grand! I'll update as this develops.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread