Hello All - First day ever with some junk finds but fun!

Defaultcatch

May 23, 2013
Central, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster 5500/D S3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I was able to get a Coinmaster 5500d S3 pasted down to me. It was pretty beat up and dirty but with a good cleaning and new batteries it seems to work well. I took it out today (my first day ever with a metal detector and pulled a number of items from my own back yard. Nothing outstanding but wow did that surprise me what was just under the topsoil in my own yard. I live in Arkansas and have been reading up on the laws here just to make sure I don't get in trouble with my new toy :). It seems I have a lot to learn as I could not tell the difference in sound from a copper penny to the quarter to the iron nails. Also the round con-caved iron item I have no idea what it is, that was the first thing I found and it was about 6 inches deep under a few rocks. Our land here is very moist so it seems everything rust quickly underground.

My house is roughly 30 years old and was told this was old pasture land around here. I found most of my junk under the 8ft round pin oak but the coins i found were in the same hole in the yard. Nothing major but here is my find and my new working toy. Nice site, wanted to introduce myself and I plan to take it out again tomorrow to 5 acres I have.

photo (22).JPGphoto (23).JPG

pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA)!
reading_01.gif
You didn't mention your state (or country) - but you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds Defaultcatch!

Welcome! Keep working at it, the good finds will come. Sprinkle some coins on your grass and listen to what the detector is telling you as you go over them.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back