What's new

Hello all, Looking for help identifying what this brass cup is....

Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I am trying to identify what this is. It has no markings on it. I'm assuming its brass because of the color and weight. It's heavy for a little thing lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 20200423_095343.webp
    20200423_095343.webp
    216.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200423_095349.webp
    20200423_095349.webp
    200.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 20200423_095518.webp
    20200423_095518.webp
    271.8 KB · Views: 93
lol we all know that was wood... Indiana Jones wouldn't make something like that up... lol
 
Upvote 0
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.
 
Upvote 0
Could it be a fancy weight cup to hold things on an old fashioned small scale?
 
Upvote 0
Vintage shot glass? Maybe part of a set...

s-l1600.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks very similar to vintage champagne ice buckets that I've seen... I like Matt's suggestion. :thumbsup:
Possibly something ceremonial from a lodge or legion?

Without a makers mark, it's anybodies guess. :icon_scratch:
Dave
 
Upvote 0
I think Matt may be correct a snuffer I think would have a handle on it. I always wanted to try the storage locker thing
 
Upvote 0
Welcome from Mi Tommy
 
Upvote 0
Look up brass lions head mortar and pestle.
 
Upvote 0
Not sure honestly. For me the back story is just that I found it in a storage unit amongst all the stuff lol.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom