What's new

Hello all question

Johny Hawx

Greenie
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Hello all,
​
been coin roll hunting for about a year now. But ive been getting lots of the same coins back. I pick up coins at one bank and get rid of at a diffrent bank not just a different branch. I have 4 different banks. I believe all are serviced by dunbar. How do I get coins that i havent looked through. Im thinking different armoured serviced bank but i dont know how to find out without sounding kinda queer. Does anyone know if chase charges for ordering coins and what armoured service supplies them. Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Welcome! you can do alot of different things. One thing is do local call ahead road trips. Stop by any bank that has some. You can find out which bank recieves coin from what distributor. This can be as simple as asking where they get their coin from or you can use trial and error. Try ordering a box from several different banks. Which ever one produces silver that is the one you order more from. Lastly you can try other denominations such as dimes which have a decent return or nickels which are the next best. I would stay away from quarters unless you are a gluten for punishment. Hope this helps.

Golden silver
 
I just started doing this with .50 rolls. Have yet to hit any silver.
 
But ive been getting lots of the same coins back.
sooooo......how do you know your getting the same coins back? please don't tell me you mark all your coins.
 
sooooo......how do you know your getting the same coins back? please don't tell me you mark all your coins.
Personally I see nothing wrong with marking 1 scuffed up ugly 1972.
 
It is possible to mark ALL your coins quickly by doing it on the side of full roll B4 you put it back in roll, I do it like that allot & have yet to get mine back of course am sending them on a trip to a neighboring Fed district B4 turn them in.
My mark is a 1/4 inch black band on coins rims.
 
That's the method I've used in the past, with a brown sharpie, one swipe up the edge, it's not that noticable, I did it to confirm if I was receiving my dumps back,....and it's confirmed, you do, and as stated before in another post, I even dump in a different bank...so Loomie brings my coins and Brinks takes them away.....and I still get some of my dumps back, and too...I've noticed that edge marking wears off relatively fast
 
Let's just stop this discussion of marking coins before it starts, shall we?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom