What's new

Hello All

DixieHunter145

Full Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
147
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hanceville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 w/ YF-1 Invader Probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm fairly to CRH and was wondering if anybody has any good advice for the noob? I live in a small town in Alabama and was wondering where to go to get a box of halves since all the banks around here are small time
 
Upvote 0
DixieHunter145 said:
I'm fairly to CRH and was wondering if anybody has any good advice for the noob? I live in a small town in Alabama and was wondering where to go to get a box of halves since all the banks around here are small time

Start right there, of course start with the Bank you gots an account with of course.

Speak in Boxes to them- I just go in, or now call them occasionally (they know me now), and ask them too, "order me 6 Boxes of halves," and since you do not know when they order ask them when they'll be in too.
 
Best advice anyone can give you is to read, order coins, dump coins (at a different bank than your supply bank), and take the occasional road trip to the small banks in your area to see if anyone has turned in a hoard. Persistence pays in this hobby. Keep at it....you will experience the ups and downs of the hobby, but that's what keeps us coming back. Good luck with ordering the halves at your bank, and happy hunting! ;D

KEverett
 
Thanks for all the fast responses. You folks really know how to make a guy feel welcome. Oh I forgot to mention, My great-grandfather passed away last November at the age of 80. My great-grandmother "nanny" gave me his whole collection! :headbang: This includes wheats, kennedy halves, and peace dollars. I will take a tally of how much of everything I have in the morning. I will also be posting some pics of the haul if I have time.
 
rebel pride my friend, rebel pride!!! Long live Bocephus ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom