Detector(s) used
Lobo Super T. Mine lab pin pointer

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
T.R. Welcome to the Net! The LST should do the job for Gold/Silver Hunting! Let's see some Pics of your Discoveries!

HH Joe

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome! You play Tomb Raider, or is that a treasure hunting thing?

Do any canyoneering? I hike a lot myself :)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Tomb Raider to the forum.

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
Tomb Raider said:
I'm new to this site and M.D.I've just perchest a Lobo Super Traq. I live in the N.W. and have been a hiker and recently involved in mine hunting.

I'm in B.C. Great area for MDing. Lots of mining related history and treasure tales, both north and south of the border.

I've done some reading on the laws where we can use them and NOT. Well, that's all for now.. ;D

If the laws there are anything like here, theres usually no problem with the MDing, its the digging that they sometimes get finicky about. Actually I've never even heard of MDing laws up here and it wasn't until I ran across this forum that I heard of any.

Up until this last fall, I've been into the prospecting and exploring, more than anything else. Often as not, old mines have been worked out, or the technology to work them wasn't up to snuff back then. I've been investigating the various technologies to locate subsurface cavities and other devices to locate potential mineral deposits, but I'm on a tight budget and I've been leaning towards DIY, (Do It Yourself), devices.

Good luck with your hunt.

F.

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Titan 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from one newbie to another. We have 2 feet of snow but when I get my first detector since I was 13(43 now) I'm tempted to dig into my clad jar and spread it out on the front lawn. I feel like I'm 11 and it's Christmas time.
Good hunting to ya.

OP
OP
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider

Mar 4, 2007
Washington
Detector(s) used
Howdy back at all of you,

The name has been given to me by some friends I mine hunt with, I told them I had a new toy. Ya, I don't under stand the law's why you can't dig stuff up that's under dirt and will never be seen again in some place's. The northern part of the N.W. Skagit County North has lot's to see and yes the mines like all part of the planet have been found and picked clean. I'm not out to take just find and display for the next to see history left behind. I could have gotten a cheaper style of detector but this will find gold and I do visit those place's. Prospecting is a NEXT hobby. I've seen lot's of stuff left at mine sites that are a true bush whack to see and Those are what I want to check out. So when you all post a picture were does it go, not on the thread ??? Well a little more snow melt and we can get back in the woods until then I need to learn how to use this thing. Did any of you make the Gold show in Monroe a week ago..

OP
OP
Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider

Mar 4, 2007
Washington
Detector(s) used
WOW, time has zipped on by. Found this site again, and my pass word, HA. Not used that thing in a few years ? Doing some cleaning I found 3 bags of coins and junk I found with it, so I must add to that.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread