Hello from Baytown Texas v3 or E-trac

OP
OP
S

Smokin_Cache

Jul 13, 2006
Gulf Coast Texas
As for the problem with not being able to fully retract the shaft. That just requires pulling a little slck out the bottom and all is good.

Wife had surgery this morning. Just now getting home. Will see if she feels ok for me to do some hunting

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokin_Cache said:
As for the problem with not being able to fully retract the shaft. That just requires pulling a little slck out the bottom and all is good.

Wife had surgery this morning. Just now getting home. Will see if she feels ok for me to do some hunting

Hope the wife is doing good.....Tom

OP
OP
S

Smokin_Cache

Jul 13, 2006
Gulf Coast Texas
Thanks!! She is doing well. She let me go hunt for a little while today. Found 6 more quarters, 2 dimes a nickel and a bunch pennies. I have yet to find a way to clean the pennies. Most of that was found in the last 15mins of a four hour hunt. Put on the 8X6SEF and hunted the really trashy area around the bushes. The pro coil was full quited in this area. Couldn't stand the mosquitoes any more so I only hunted about 40 feet of about 500 so there is plenty left for tomorrow. That is if her mom decides to drop in again.

Oh a handful of foil and pull tabs.

OP
OP
S

Smokin_Cache

Jul 13, 2006
Gulf Coast Texas
Re: Minelab E-trac support is lacking Wish I had bought a V3

Well I like the E-trac, but I was have a falsing issue on the beach as soon as I got any water on the coil at all. Went through a few things with Kellyco and they suggested that I call Minelab because it might need to be sent back to them. Kellyco support was great. Now Minelab on the other hand sucks. I had read of issue with their support prior to buying, but then read where people were satisfied and they had fixed their problems.

The gentleman who answered the phone at Minelab was pretty much useless, very polite and nice, but did not help. He said the he would have to get the "E-trac support guy" to call me back. (I thought OK that sounds good) Well I was wrong the guy will call within the next 48hrs Oh and I must have the machine with me when he calls. Should I just take off work for the next two days and wait on the E-trac god to call? Glad I didn't because the 48 hour mark has came and went. I would expect this manner of support had I spent $50 on a machine at Radio Shack. But I didn't I spent $1400 on a machine from what is supposed to be one of the best in the biz.

At this point I would not recommend buying an E-trac due to the poor support provided by Minelab.

If you will not need any support the E-trac is a great machine.

If I gave this level of support to my customers I would no longer have a job in very short order.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokin_Cache said:
Your right I should have listened.

Hour 72 has came and went.

Man, I'm sure sorry to hear about the detector problem...That is one reason I have held off on buying a new machine.......Good luck, please keep us posted.......Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread