Carmelsteve

Feb 17, 2014
Carmel, Ca and Dorrington, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. Stumbled onto this sight while doing research for the upcoming season. A lot of the searches I was doing referenced this sight.

My wife and I live most of the time in Carmel, but have a second home in Dorrington, Ca., which is about 10-20 miles above the Gold Rush towns of Angel's Camp and Murphy's, and 15 miles northeast of Columbia. I have been dabbling for a few years with some nugget hunting around this areas, but have never had any luck. I really want to put some more effort into it this year, and am doing research to find some good hunting areas. I'm especially interested in finding old abandoned mines or other worked areas, as I am still learning how to find my own areas and I have heard many stories of people finding small finds in these areas. If there are any folks in these areas who would like to meet for some hunting this spring and summer, please reply. It looks like there's a lot of nice folks on here and I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks, Steve

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck from White Plains, New York!

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T'net. You're right, there are lots of good folks here. You might think of joining GPAA f you haven't already. I haven't checked your area, but they probably have some claims at least within driving distance. If I can help, just PM me.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread