What's new

Hello from Eastern Pa. New to the forum and to MD

Twobuells

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 3, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Just picked up a Bounty Hunter QD2 that i seen in the local classified for $80.00. It is in like new condition and by the reviews i read , it is a decent detector for beginners and hopefully this beginner can post his first find in the near future. Any tips out there for using this model detector ?
Thanks
 
Welcome to Tnet family.. :hello:

I don't use Bounty Hunters but can tell you to just get out there and have some fun. If you set disc to eliminate pull tabs you will at least find some coins without having to bend down for trash. Take note that disc out pull tabs you will not find hardly any gold ring, but the chances for this are lots higher near swim areas where fingers are slippery.

Read all you can about the hobby and subscribe to treasure magazines so you can learn more as this is all part of the fun too. I used to keep records of what I found, where, how deep and such. Now I just place all the finds in butter tubs. Learn how to retrieve a coin without cutting a plug and if you have to, make it 3 sided. Place any dirt removed on a cloth for placing it all back in the hole. Learn to pinpoint well.
 
Watch some videos, and read posts on here about proper digging techniques and practice in your own yard(it's easy) if you're not careful you'll lose any hunting spots you have before you even get started if you tick people off. I am also from Eastern Pa near Kutztown University. I have a few decent spots if you want to tag along someday. And since you are new the two guys that replied before me are in my top 5 for trust of information given so utilize there expertise whenever you can.
 
Welcome from Nebraska! I'm new to metal detecting as well, keep at it and don't be discouraged if you don't find gold and silver right away.
 
welcome to tnet :hello: :headbang:
 
you've gotten some good advice here already, all I can say is go out and dig everything for a while. You'll get to know what different things sound like on your machine and over time you'll be able to start figuring out what sounds good and what sounds like trash. It'll take a while, but it's worth it.
 
Welcome from the other side of the state. Sandman said it, set it to the basics and go have fun. Fill your holes neatly, mind your manners, obey the laws...keep Pa legal to detecting.

Al
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom