Hello from the desert

Yamahammerguy

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2015
The New Mexican Desert
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello im Mitch and i live in New Mexico. I like to travel and move around the states. I was hoping to make my next destination Florida for a couple reasons, in part so i can learn scuba diving and eventually hunt around for some treasure. I love the ocean and almost everything about it, to swim with all that wildlife would be amazing! Anyways this forum looked good for getting started and learning as much as i can. Look forward to some good times!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to a great site. You can learn a lot from all different kinds of hunting here. Some really good experience to tap into. Good Luck

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a fine "welcome" to ya from South-Central Pennsylvania.
This IS a pretty good place to hang out.
LOTS of interesting members with even more information that you can shake a stick at.
Mainly a very congenial crowd always ready to lend an ear or toss a theory.

Hit

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Mitch! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New Mexico for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York!

OP
OP
Y

Yamahammerguy

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2015
The New Mexican Desert
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey thanks for all the welcomes guys, and the link for my state!!! I figured the only thing to find in this state is trash since there is alot of it thrown in the desert apparently :( And im not sure what the laws are concerning digging and what not, i know BLM own most of the land around here though, except the reservations which i am only assuming are off limits to treasure hunting. Ill dig around this site and see what i find, thanks again!!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
BLM is ok for detecting. The only thing that MIGHT apply (if you asked enough bored archies) is if you found stuff over 50 yrs old (cultural heritage ARPA bologna). Ok, fine, that's easy: Just don't find stuff over 50 yrs. old. My math never was too good anyhow.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from a former New Mexican! I miss the wide open spaces of New Mexico and true Mexican food. Big detecting club in Albuquerque if you are near there.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread