Hello from the Oregon Coast

rvenneman

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2013
Oregon Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are new campground hosts for the Oregon State Parks. I want to get back into hunting. I spend 4 months back in my home state of New Jersey and left my Tesoro Silver uMax back there. I want to get one to use here.
The Tesoro Silver uMax is a good but older detector. I am trying to limit what I tote back and forth across the country and want to get one here. I want to stay in the 700.00 range.
Can someone suggest a detector that has the newer technology, something I can use on sand and also in the woods? Are the Tesoro and the Whites similar in quality? I know we have our likes, some like Fords, some Chevys (I have mine and partial to Ford) but in reality they both build great cars.
Thanks for any help, links, or anything that can lead me in my search.
Richard

770329d1361389651t-hello-ohio-lmkwelcfshx_e01.gif

pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania! I am sure a number of member's will jump in with recommendations...
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Oregon for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

All the major manufacturers have good quality and stand behind their products. I'd also suggest you look at the Garrett AT Pro series, it has waterproof capabilities, target ID numbers, ground balance feature and depth indication. All of this for less than your budget.

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back