HELLooooo

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Hello.... I found a ring. But let me start at the beginning. I went to our local skateboard park this morning. I rarely find anything there but the school buses actually pull in to the parking lot to pick up the kids so there are always kids hanging around even when they are not skateboarding. I found a couple pennies down by the playground and later I found a small key. Went up near the bathrooms and found a dime. OK looking better.... then I went over to the volleyball court and found a nickle and then a toy race car. It's in real good condition so I figure it is a recent drop. I didn't find anything else so I decided to go hunt my daughter's yard. She lives in the same general area and asked me if I would look for her watch. She lost it last summer in her back yard. I gridded the area where she said she lost it and then went back and gridded the same area from a different direction but did not find her watch. It was just a cheap Walmart watch and I figure one of her kids friend's might have picked it up. It definitely is NOT in the area she said it was. Sooooo I started hunting the rest of the back yard. I found another toy car, this one was not in as good a condition as the one found at the park. I went to the area where she said she thought there was some lost tools. No tools found but wonder of wonders... I found a ring. It is a cheap ring. It has "diamonds" and "emeralds" all around it but a lot of them are missing on one side. It is not even silver. Oh well... a ring is a ring.

Junk121608.jpg

Money121608.jpg

Ring121608.jpg

I ended up with a total of $1.22 in clad, a key, a couple cars and my usual junk. So that was my day. I'll take it. :wink:

I hope yours was as good.

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
wooohooooo happy dance for the ring! That is awesome! Looks like you had a pretty good day for sure! Congrats!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
mumszie,

and a bigCONGRAT on the ring. ;D

Your out someplace every day, neat.

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
No the ring is junk but that's ok - it's pretty anyway.

Hey SHERMANVILLE - don't know how far it is from where you are to Bloomington, Rantoul but my husband was born and raised in Bloomington and I was born in Urbana and raised around Rantoul. I am a AF brat. Dad was at Chunute for many years and his mom lived in Rantoul. I don't miss the cold weather at all! ::)

Burning Metal

Dec 6, 2008
Tampa Bay area Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Nice assortment of finds there mumszie. I just got back from Holmes Beach here in Bradenton Fla. I was only out for about an hr. or so and only found a dime, one penny and a small metal kids toy plane. It's funny you mention Chanute AFB. I was in the Navy from 1982 - 1986, went to boot camp at Great Lakes Naval Training Center but had my A-School at Chanute. Even though it was an Air Force Base they did have a Navy School there (meteorology) Rantoul was BORING!!!...lol We always went into Champaign for any kind of excitement...

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Yeah it is a small world and getting smaller every year! I was a kid when we lived in Rantoul and the surrounding area. To me it was a great place. Small town USA. I loved it. We've been back a couple of times just to look around and of course everything has changed. It isnt the same place anymore. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions