Help Book people ( Sad Update )

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this at an estate sale today and i hope its what i think it is. Jeff don't shoot me i didn't know the best place for this one anyway i bought it for $2.08 and did some research on it. From what i can tell this guy was from Mississippi. Its signed and is a first edition 1941 by Alfred A Knopf Inc. Anybody know of this author?? Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN3999.JPG
    DSCN3999.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 369
Re: Help Book people

inside

Attachments

• DSCN4000.JPG
    DSCN4000.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 363
Upvote 0

autograph

Attachments

• DSCN4002.JPG
    DSCN4002.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 368
Upvote 0

You may have something of value there. I believe you have William Alexander Percy's autobiography and bestseller.

Upvote 0

bigcypresshunter said:
You may have something of value there. I believe you have William Alexander Percy's autobiography and bestseller.
The Warden wants to read it but shes gonna have to wait till i see if its worth a few $$$

Upvote 0

I was gonna offer you double what you paid. :D :D :wink: Great find. First edition, bestseller, signed... ::) :thumbsup:
Author's father a Senator, large plantation owner,Teddy Roosevelts hunting buddy. Grandfather a Civil War hero...

Upvote 0

Taking the book today to an expert book guy to see if its worth a couple of $$ because my daughter needs tires on her pickup. :-\

Upvote 0

Too bad it doesn't have the dust jacket - the inscription and signature is a definite plus .

sometimes the dust jacket is worth more than the book itself !

Ya' all should be on the look-out for " The Great Gatbsy"1925 by F. Scott Fitzgerald - 1st ed , 1st printing with no DJ is worth up to several thousand .......with the DJ - $500,000 ! you might find one at a yard sale for a buck .

Upvote 0

mojjax said:
Too bad it doesn't have the dust jacket - the inscription and signature is a definite plus .

sometimes the dust jacket is worth more than the book itself !

Ya' all should be on the look-out for " The Great Gatbsy"1925 by F. Scott Fitzgerald - 1st ed , 1st printing with no DJ is worth up to several thousand .......with the DJ - $500,000 ! you might find one at a yard sale for a buck .
Your right i took the book in to have it looked at.Because of the condition its worth $150. If it was in better condition it would have been worth $1000. The guy told me its a rare book and to keep it to hand down to my daughters. Well i guess the Warden can read it now......aa

Upvote 0
Hey , double A .. nothing wrong with $150 . 5 - 10 years from now - it could triple or more !

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back