What's new

Help-Cleaning Nickels (and silver war nickels too)

Reverend B*IKE*

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2009
Messages
389
Reaction score
46
Golden Thread
0
Location
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested in cleaning some old buffalo nickels I just dug up along with a war nickel. Was wondering the preffered method or a link!!!
thanks
PS I cant do a search for it?
 
Personally, I just throw 'em in the tumbler. Unless you have a real valuable one.
 
Naval jelly cleans nickels. You can get it at Longs, Payless, hardware stores, etc... It removes that redish brown stuff with some soaks and "persuasion".
 
I found an 1916 Buffalo Nickel last week, i let it set in worthshire sauce for 2 days and it got all the reddish tint off. It came out looking very good where i could read the year.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom