What's new

Help dating farriers(?) tool

mile-ender

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
472
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help dating farrier's(?) tool

I'm assuming this is a farrier's tool, though I've been unable to find anything similar on the net anywhere. It seems as though it would be an all in one sort of thing. Any one ever seen anything like it? Any help is much appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4156.webp
    IMG_4156.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_4158.webp
    IMG_4158.webp
    39.8 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_4159.webp
    IMG_4159.webp
    37 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_4161.webp
    IMG_4161.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_4162.webp
    IMG_4162.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_4164.webp
    IMG_4164.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_4156.webp
    IMG_4156.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_4158.webp
    IMG_4158.webp
    39.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_4164.webp
    IMG_4164.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_4162.webp
    IMG_4162.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_4161.webp
    IMG_4161.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_4159.webp
    IMG_4159.webp
    37 KB · Views: 281
Re: Help dating farrier's(?) tool

Looks like a tool used for shake roofing. It splits, nails and pulls nailsi
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help dating farrier's(?) tool

Here's one in a tool book I have :
 

Attachments

  • tool 003.webp
    tool 003.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 265
  • tool 001.webp
    tool 001.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 554
  • tool 001.webp
    tool 001.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 290
  • tool 003.webp
    tool 003.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0
Re: Help dating farrier's(?) tool

I think it might be a fencing tool (to run fence around property).

B


fencing tool.webp
 

Attachments

  • fencing tool.webp
    fencing tool.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 282
Upvote 0
Re: Help dating farrier's(?) tool

mojjax said:
Here's one in a tool book I have :
:icon_thumleft: That's it. Nice work.
Thanks everyone! :hello:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help dating farrier's(?) tool

mojjax said:
Here's one in a tool book I have :
Does it say anything about age?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help dating farrier's(?) tool

mile-ender said:
mojjax said:
Here's one in a tool book I have :
:icon_thumleft: That's it. Nice work.
Thanks everyone! :hello:
Around 1910
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom