Help Dowsing a Spanish Mission

easttexasdigger

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Hey everyone,....First just wanted to say thanks to Jon and Art for all their recent help with a project I was involved with. They are really good guys to deal with. I highly recommend them.

Now,.....there is an old Spanish mission site in our town. There is supposed to be gold buried there that was being hid from the local indians. It has often been searched for,...long before metal detectors,.....but never found. I would really like to solve this puzzle if anyone is willing to give her a shot.

Please send me a PM if interested and I will send the info and map of the general area.- Thanks to all.- Shane

If you need more map dowsing, just give me a PM...

I can't go metal detecting, because the weather every week is storms, rain, strong winds, a 1-2 days of partial sunshine, and weekend tornados. It has been that way for several weeks...hopefully, it will soon change.

So, map dowsing is one way I can enjoy the hobby right now. :icon_sunny:

Hey Red_desert….I hear and understand…For June in this high dessert we have barely reached spring…Art

Hey Art, good to hear from you. Yeah, we had our last tornado last Sunday about 1:00 in the afternoon. It is finally supposed to be nice now, for a while.

On TV news they said, it was 5 weeks of that weather. Homeland Security asked people in my area to report any damage to see if Indiana/Michigan will get Federal disaster funds.

One week ago, Tuesday...I was looking on ebay at gemstone dowsing pendulums. Decided it could work like baiting (dowse gemstones on jewelry) or general use for map dowsing. Ordered 7 of them, but from 2 foreign companies...real cheap and nice (18 KGP chain). Even got one of opal, all good gemstones. I'll have to wait to see how reliable their mail service is, they did have good ratings on ebay.

Yes, high desert...it is interesting to dowse in places like that, was at Quartzsite late fall, last year. All those black sand deposites you find...

I lived most of my live in California…I like Nevada for a few reasons… 2.6 million residents, with over 85% of the population residing in the metropolitan areas of Las Vegas and Reno. Approximately 86% of the state's land is owned by the U.S federal government….Lots of places to roam around and look for Treasure.Art

aarthrj3811 said:
I lived most of my live in California…I like Nevada for a few reasons… 2.6 million residents, with over 85% of the population residing in the metropolitan areas of Las Vegas and Reno. Approximately 86% of the state's land is owned by the U.S federal government….Lots of places to roam around and look for Treasure.Art

The only US federal land within a 2 hour (one way) driving distance, is a National seashore on Lake Michigan. No metal detecting there, so might as well be 0%. I'm highly allergic to poison ivy, all fences on farmland and woodlands are full of it. Leaves me the choice of city parks or get permission to hunt trashy old yards. Usually, if I metal detect, it will be the local park...it's more like "happy pulltab" hunting.

Last summer, I did take along a pendulum to the park. I really wanted to get out a pair of dowsing rods...but too many kids running around, people watching you because you're holding a metal detector.

First good signal, took out the pendulum instead of using the pinpoint on my detector, I dowsed the target. With a small screwdriver made about a half inch hole, just enough to see and straight down. I came right to the very center of a dime. From then on checked my signals of my detector dowsing them.

I found that if the pendulum moves right away, it is a good target. But if I had to ask where it was to get a response...it turned out every time to be junk. I could pinpoint the junk also. So, holding it over a signal and no response without asking, pulltabs, if registered pulltab on the detector id. Map dowsing ahead of time revealed where all these pulltab patches where, good places to find treasure other T'Hers have missed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back