What's new

Help find this research website!

TrpnBils

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
873
Reaction score
1,234
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years back I remember being on a website that allowed you to search for landmarks by town. It showed everything from schools to parks to dams to general points of interest (I remembers seeing a local "lover's leap" on there). It showed things that were no longer there too...not maps, but descriptions and such. You could filter by "type of feature", etc.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else?
 
No, but I wish I did, sounds like a good site.
 
Yeah I wish I could remember where that was...I know I'm not making it up though!
 
Try Google Earth, it's a free download with a virtual street level or aerial veiw of a lot of geographical features natural or man made world wide.
 
Last edited:
Been using both of those for awhile...this site was something simpler though. Not visual at all, just text from what I can remember and was searchable based on type of feature.
 
Been using both of those for awhile...this site was something simpler though. Not visual at all, just text from what I can remember and was searchable based on type of feature.

I have quite a bit of free time and If I come across that site I'll give you a heads up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom