Help I.D. pocket watch casing, found MDing at old school from 1800s might be newer.

Machxin

Apr 26, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help I.D. pocket watch casing, found MDing at old school from 1800's might be newer.

(sorry moderators I posted this to I.D. it and did not notice the "what is it" section. I made the post over there instead.)

Was the second of my 5 hunts I have been on with the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. I thought it was an old magnifying glass casing for the school I took it to my father and said it was for a pocket watch. It has some numbers on it that seems to read 08414 and I am not sure what it is made of. Was wondering if any might know how to get information on it or what type of metal it is made of, does not stick to a magnet.

It could be newer as the land still had people going to it in the 1900's checking out the old small school house. Kids also played on and around the land perhaps they dropped it more recently. However, the school was from the mid to late 1800's and the farmer who owned it allowed me on the land so it has a possibility of being old.

I know this is not something big or anything impressive, just curious about it is all. Any information or perhaps a way for me to I.D. it or to see what metal it is made of would be great.

Thanks everyone!

watch2.JPGwatch1.JPGwatch3.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back