S stealthycat Full Member Joined Feb 17, 2012 Messages 157 Reaction score 269 Golden Thread 0 Location Arkansas Detector(s) used AT Pros Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 26, 2019 #1 my wife found this .... 2 1/2" very very sharp ... looks cool .... I know nothing about arrowheads ... Attachments IMG_2601.webp 251 KB · Views: 140 IMG_2600.webp 258 KB · Views: 172 Upvote 0
my wife found this .... 2 1/2" very very sharp ... looks cool .... I know nothing about arrowheads ...
jmaschal Sr. Member Joined May 29, 2015 Messages 491 Reaction score 690 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Mar 26, 2019 #2 Awesome material
welsbury Bronze Member Joined Jan 25, 2010 Messages 1,191 Reaction score 1,949 Golden Thread 0 Location Eastern oregon Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 26, 2019 #3 Congrats to wife .Nice material on that piece. Someone will know more about type and material.
arrow86 Silver Member Joined May 6, 2014 Messages 3,377 Reaction score 4,083 Golden Thread 0 Location Eastern Shore Maryland Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 26, 2019 #4 That is about as pretty as they come , nice find
ToddsPoint Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Mar 2, 2018 Messages 9,186 Reaction score 33,089 Golden Thread 0 Location Todds Point, IL Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 27, 2019 #5 Never seen that material. What could it be? Gary
MidMoTreasure Sr. Member Joined Jul 2, 2012 Messages 339 Reaction score 725 Golden Thread 0 Location Mid-Missouri Detector(s) used Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Super Sluice, Banjo Pan Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 27, 2019 #6 What a beauty! Seems to me to fit into the Late Archaic cluster similar to Stone, etc. You see the excurvate blade edges commonly with this cluster. The material is fantastic. Looks like Mozarkite??
What a beauty! Seems to me to fit into the Late Archaic cluster similar to Stone, etc. You see the excurvate blade edges commonly with this cluster. The material is fantastic. Looks like Mozarkite??
Relicgrubber Silver Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Nov 3, 2018 Messages 4,919 Reaction score 13,059 Golden Thread 0 Location Deep East Texas Detector(s) used O.G. XP DEUS Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 27, 2019 #7 Tell the wife "Nice find" and "Awesome material" !!!
S stealthycat Full Member Joined Feb 17, 2012 Messages 157 Reaction score 269 Golden Thread 0 Location Arkansas Detector(s) used AT Pros Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 27, 2019 Thread Owner #8 thanks for the info everyone.... I'm going to get some kind of display case for her to put it in
naturegirl Bronze Member Joined Mar 21, 2009 Messages 2,356 Reaction score 405 Golden Thread 0 Mar 28, 2019 #9 Very nice, the material might be a Reed Springs? I know there are many variations of color. I find it in NE OK maybe Boone chert? Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
Very nice, the material might be a Reed Springs? I know there are many variations of color. I find it in NE OK maybe Boone chert?
ToddsPoint Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Mar 2, 2018 Messages 9,186 Reaction score 33,089 Golden Thread 0 Location Todds Point, IL Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 29, 2019 #10 naturegirl said: Very nice, the material might be a Reed Springs? I know there are many variations of color. I find it in NE OK maybe Boone chert? Click to expand... I've got lots of Reed's Spring material and none of it looks like that. Never seen Boone but Mozarkite makes the most sense to me so far. Gary
naturegirl said: Very nice, the material might be a Reed Springs? I know there are many variations of color. I find it in NE OK maybe Boone chert? Click to expand... I've got lots of Reed's Spring material and none of it looks like that. Never seen Boone but Mozarkite makes the most sense to me so far. Gary
Neanderthal Bronze Member Joined Aug 20, 2006 Messages 1,263 Reaction score 435 Golden Thread 0 Location oklahoma Detector(s) used Garrett AT Pro Apr 1, 2019 #11 If the stem is ground, it could be a Table Rock. If not, then it's likely an Aux Arc. The material looks like Cotter dolomite.
If the stem is ground, it could be a Table Rock. If not, then it's likely an Aux Arc. The material looks like Cotter dolomite.