What's new

Help identify this Civil War badge, regiment insignia

Alan Payne

Full Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2018
Messages
165
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Location
Interlachen, Fl
Detector(s) used
GTP 1350 Garrett ; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today near the site of a second Seminole war fort and also a site that was occupied by federal troops during the Civil War. Not sure what it is. It doesn’t have any writing on it. 4F29692E-F519-405E-8C0E-0BA05D592850.webpBB78743A-DD83-4513-933F-6D06F79420DA.webp5FEFB40F-F7C0-4E07-8114-57697CC780CA.webp
 
Looks like half of a sash buckle.
 
Upvote 0
I'm curious as to what type of metal this is? :thumbsup:

Is it painted or has the verdigris been scratched off the metal?

It looks to have had a hinge attached above the clip or does it look to have been broken off of something?

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Nice relic that would be cool to hunt a place with that kind of History
 
Upvote 0
Happy Holidays and welcome also
 
Upvote 0
I believe it is made of either copper or brass. It is very brittle now that it has been in the ground so long. It is not painted, I scratched the patina off of it getting it out of the ground. It was almost a foot deep. I almost gave up on it. I am leaning towards part of a sash buckle. Am interested in knowing if the 25 regiment may have had such sash buckles on their uniforms. Maybe not military at all. Thanks for looking
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
15
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pre civil war?
Replies
6
Views
589

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom