What's new

Help Identify

randyinarkansas

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2007
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fayetteville
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250
Help Identify

Can anyone help identify these relics. They were dug near Prarie Grove, Arkansas at an old homesite that dates back to the early 1800's. I was told the axe head could be of spanish origin.
 

Attachments

  • small 1.webp
    small 1.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 425
  • small 2.webp
    small 2.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 403
  • small 3.webp
    small 3.webp
    27 KB · Views: 406
  • small 4.webp
    small 4.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 399
  • small 1.webp
    small 1.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 403
  • small 2.webp
    small 2.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 398
  • small 3.webp
    small 3.webp
    27 KB · Views: 399
  • small 4.webp
    small 4.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 393
Re: Help Identify

Good picture, Ramitt. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help Identify

does anyone have any idea on a specfic date for the sash buckels
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help Identify

Victorian Era is from 1837-1901. I'm not sure of the style changes or progression through this era. That time period fits with your house place.

I think they call early Victorian from 1837-1860's, and late Victorian from post 1860's to the turn of the century. Most likely your pieces fit into the early late Victorian period.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help Identify

72cheyenne said:
Victorian Era is from 1837-1901. I'm not sure of the style changes or progression through this era. That time period fits with your house place.

I think they call early Victorian from 1837-1860's, and late Victorian from post 1860's to the turn of the century. Most likely your pieces fit into the early Victorian period.

most likely late Victorian
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help Identify

CRUSADER said:
72cheyenne said:
Victorian Era is from 1837-1901. I'm not sure of the style changes or progression through this era. That time period fits with your house place.

I think they call early Victorian from 1837-1860's, and late Victorian from post 1860's to the turn of the century. Most likely your pieces fit into the early Victorian period.

most likely late Victorian

:thumbsup: I'll change my post above.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom