Help Identifying a Carnival Glass Pattern

Sanza

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
carnival bowl.jpg

I've just gone through over 1000 patterns on a website and have done google searches too countless to mention. The closest match I've found is hobstar but that's not it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you sure it's carnival? It seems to be missing the iridescence usually associated with carnival
unless it's just the photo.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too was thinking that it could be depression glass instead of carnival glass. I will search my depression glass books.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see several pattrns that are very close in the collectors encyclopedia of depression glass, but none exactly like that. Can you take more pics ? Its a beautiful piece whatever the case is. The mystery continues ? Daisy number 620 by indiana glass company is close but not quite. Could be a modern reprduction of No.618, pineapple & floral indiana glass company, 1932-1937. Cant quite seem to get an exact match.

OP
OP
S

Sanza

Dec 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is iridized -- the flash has somehow hidden it. I've looked further but have gotten nowhere. When I get home after the holidays I hope to be able to search more thoroughly.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Possible good news was the the makers of carnival glass used a process of iridescence to simulate Tiffany glass.
Wouldn't that be nice. Tiffany should have a mark on the bottom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions