Help identifying arrowheads, tools?

newguy11

Jul 15, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

So I found these in the Pearsall TX area (south texas), in an area that the native americans definitely worked. There are piles of chips and broken tips, and I've found two good arrowheads there previously (a Tortugas and a Frio)

So after much more searching I found these. Notice its the same pieces in each one of the photos, just arranged differently. The pen is in there for scale. I'd love to get feedback on what they are. Thanks!

arrowheads1.jpg arrowheads12.jpg arrowheads123.jpg

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#6 looks like a knife to me. It looks to be made quickly by the cortex still on it but probably used and tossed.

OP
OP
N

newguy11

Jul 15, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you all for the help. I had never heard of a waller knife but after some research I think you are onto something there. Although several websites said the waller knives were a florida, georgia, alabama thing, I assume indians everywhere had the same idea, even in south texas.

I too think #3 is a scraper.
#6 I too thought was either a scraper or possibly a preform.

#1 and #2 I think are broken/unfinished arrowheads, but I've narrowed it down to Pandora, Abasolo, Covington Biface, or Refugio. But I'm not sure, because the official descriptions say some are large, medium, etc, and I'm not sure what size mine are considered

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread