Help identifying native American artifact

Mar 14, 2024
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone please help me with identifying these? I found these in the same cave where several pieces of flint and arrowheads were also found, one of them was dug up and the other one was dug up in a old fire pit in the cave! U can tell which one was damaged more in the picture. I would be grateful for any thoughts on how old they are & what they are made of or any help finding someone who can identify them! I tested to see if a magnet would stick to them and no magnet sticks!
17108371224096040049299931095825.jpg
17108367091788535022990780527956.jpg

Upvote 4
OP
OP
ChristySchoolcraft
Mar 14, 2024
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure, maybe a pair of earrings. I don't think they are Native American.
Could u tell me what u think they might be, cause I don't have any ideal what else they could be. I found them probably 1 1/2-2feet deep in a cave and I found many broken arrowheads and flint an several fully intact arrowheads out of the same panning! I'm new to arrowhead hunting so I don't no where go or what to period! So any tips, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Could u tell me what u think they might be, cause I don't have any ideal what else they could be. I found them probably 1 1/2-2feet deep in a cave and I found many broken arrowheads and flint an several fully intact arrowheads out of the same panning! I'm new to arrowhead hunting so I don't no where go or what to period! So any tips, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Post pics of the arrowheads please.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought you'd include the arrowheads in the post as well, I should of stated that when I referred you to this forum. Earrings is a good suggestion-I'm wondering if they're a fur trade era or something later and were just lost there by chance.
Just wondering if there is a University or other centre that has a dept. that would know if these are in fact native?
(I'd be a tad thin on details giving exact location or details to any dept though)

pingdis

Jun 7, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Not yet.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Could be silver earrings or trinkets/jewelry; NA used copper and other metals for various purposes dating back thousands of years. Take them to the local university archaeology department for an opinion.

OP
OP
ChristySchoolcraft
Mar 14, 2024
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you'd include the arrowheads in the post as well, I should of stated that when I referred you to this forum. Earrings is a good suggestion-I'm wondering if they're a fur trade era or something later and were just lost there by chance.
Just wondering if there is a University or other centre that has a dept. that would know if these are in fact native?
(I'd be a tad thin on details giving exact location or details to any dept though)
17108956806195785816568259525715.jpg

OP
OP
ChristySchoolcraft
Mar 14, 2024
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few of the arrowheads that I found in the same cave as the earrings! Sorry I never even thought about taking pictures of the arrowheads, I was just trying to find the correct place u suggested for me to post! If u want I can post more pictures if it would help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread