What's new

Help Identifying Native Pottery Mark

kbruson

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 9, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can anybody help me identify who made this bowl?


Any help you could give me in helping to identify this would be greatly appreciated! I've searched online for hours on end and just can't find anything!

THANKS!
 

Attachments

  • pottery1.webp
    pottery1.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 464
  • pottery2.webp
    pottery2.webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 440
  • pottery3.webp
    pottery3.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 410
..though I am just an amateur
in the study of native archeology, your
bowl looks rather modern. Your signature
does not indicate where you're from or
where this item was found, so, a little
more info. might help ....


:dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I just purchased this item at Auction and would like to know if anyone recognized the makers mark or Tribal pattern. I have no information about it.
 
Upvote 0
There was no catalog and it was described as "unknown" pottery.
 
Upvote 0
Unbeknownst to you, I feel you have bought a "Woolworths" or equal copy...

Indigenous pottery does not have a high gloss slip glaze...unless it's contemporary.

In addition, most tribal pottery does not have signatures or maker marks...unless it's a signed Maria pot, which that's not.

Might look for tourist trade pottery manufacturers.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom