What's new

Help identifying this head?

Steeler

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 19, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I'm new here and have a head my mother found while digging a flower bed.
This is from southern Indiana.
0920170010a.webp
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to the site even though Im not from your area Im sure somebody will know. Im guessing you made it for a necklace?
 
Welcome to the site even though Im not from your area Im sure somebody will know. Im guessing you made it for a necklace?

Thanks Rock. No not a necklace. My mom had a little display case made for it.0921170740a.webp
 
You need some more finds in there it looks lonely.
 
It hard to say from those pictures because the base is obscured by the mount. It looks to have an expanding stem so it's most likely a Woodland/Hopewell related type.
 
Last edited:
It yards to say from those pictures because the base is obscured by the mount. It looks to have an expanding stem so it's most likely a Woodland/Hopewell related type.
I'll take better pics this evening, and I'll have to Google Hopewell. Big time novice I am. Lol Thank you!
 
You need some more finds in there it looks lonely.
Don't know why but that cracked me up:laughing7: Nice piece Steeler. Welcome to tnet.
 
Here's a couple more pics of it. Thank you all for the replies, I never thought it would be that old. I'm now inspired to find and research more!
0921172223b.webp
0921172223.webp
 
Your mom might need another flowerbed near where she found that one at.
 
Your mom might need another flowerbed near where she found that one at.

Tell me about it! Unfortunately she doesn't live in on that house anymore, but only a mile away.
Talked to her today, she said it was a bush she was planting and had dug down 12 to 18 inches when she found it. The land was pasture before the house was built, and it was on top of a hill, I don't think it would have ever been tolled for crops by the way the land laid.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom