Help identifying Watch

541wiant

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2021
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, I'm new here and have been metal detecting for a few years. Up untill now I haven't found anything to "write home" about... until now. I found what I belive to be a gold watch (missing front cover and hands). It says "Waltham" on the dial. I only used a bit of water and a cotton swab to clean it up being careful not to damage it any more.

20211225_171207.jpg

20211225_171159.jpg

Any information on how to find more on this watch or what to do would be more than helpful!

Merry Christmas,
Ben

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I'm new here and have been metal detecting for a few years. Up untill now I haven't found anything to "write home" about... until now. I found what I belive to be a gold watch (missing front cover and hands). It says "Waltham" on the dial. I only used a bit of water and a cotton swab to clean it up being careful not to damage it any more.

View attachment 1998578
View attachment 1998579
Any information on how to find more on this watch or what to do would be more than helpful!

Merry Christmas,
Ben
Welcome to Tnet.Be patient,there are some knowledgable watch guys here.You might try a search for antique Waltham watches,or Waltham watch ID to help pass the time.RedCoat is a guy here who is pretty good on this stuff too.

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 1
OP
OP

541wiant

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2021
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remove the back. There will be a serial no. And more info? Measure the diameter.
I thought about that but I don't want to destroy it any more? What are your thoughts? What if the hinge just snapped all for a rusted away serial number?

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was dug the working are all rusted, but you should be able to find a mechanism with some internet searching, you could take it to watch repair shop to have them open it up for you and measure the interior to get a new mechanism. The case is probably the only salvageable part to the watch.But it is probably worth repairng if you can find the workings.

Upvote 1

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard 541wiant! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from TODAY'S FINDS! over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

Upvote 2

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
541..Welcome to the site..:hello:

For what it's worth, I'd take the advice of the folks, above.
They be some smart people.

Upvote 2

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on the recovery of a 103 yr old Waltham and getting the information on when it was made.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions