What's new

Help in ID

Nadav

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 11, 2018
Messages
8
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
North
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found this rock in a none basaltic area. Its heavy, shiny and atracts to magnets. It has some holes on the surface on one side and it looks like a piece of the rock has fell off. Could it be a meteorite?
IMG_20181111_081828_9.webpIMG_20181111_081814_4.webpIMG_20181111_081800_8.webpIMG_20181111_081724_2.webpIMG_20181111_081748_5.webp
 
No, it is not a meteorite.

Time for more coffee.
 
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Nadav! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
 
perhaps its a piece of iron ore:dontknow:
 
For me it's looks like a kind of volcanic rock, maybe latite. To be sure other investigation is needed. But I agree, that isn't a meteorite.
 
It's slag... Classic vesicules and color. Notice last picture showing the slag flow or slow roll...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom