help in texas

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
So I just moved from the sweet spear point grounds of Wisconsin to Fort Hood Texas. I am way out of my element. I want to start looking around here for spear points. Does anyone live around fort hood Killeen area? If so where can I look? I know no one wants to give up there hot spots but maybe just a little help on getting me started in this area. Thanks for your time.

waylon

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not from Texas, but I see a lot of posts from people who hunt in Texas on all of the forums I visit and it seems like most of them hunt rivers and creeks and very few actually hunt in a field. Not sure if that helps you much, but you might try some rivers and creeks in your area and see how it goes.

Good luck!!

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Like johnnyreb said this area is HOT! There really are no limits as to where you might find them. I have found them in the dirt, on rocky hillsides, in creek bottoms, etc. Probably the best place to look would be creek areas. This would have been where they would have camped. Also I am not sure about the soil type there in Ft. Hood but here we have found alot in the sandy areas.
Watch out for Rattlers and HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread