What's new

Help Indentifying - Mini Bicentennial Quarter?

MentalUnrest

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2010
Messages
744
Reaction score
113
Golden Thread
0
I found this in a dime bag. Picture is a bit blurry, but it is in really good shape and has the word copy on it. Could it be play money? Seems identical to the real die. Not sure what it is made of, but it does not stick to a magnet.

Anyone seen one of these before?
 

Attachments

  • mini1a.webp
    mini1a.webp
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,380
  • mini2a.webp
    mini2a.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,213
  • mini3a.webp
    mini3a.webp
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,521
Upvote 0
That looks like a mini token. They made whole sets of them in micro so the whole denominational set fit on a quarter. By law any manufactured representation of US coins must pe maked COPY on at least one side. The only exception was the guy that made two dozen or so true-to-life 1964 fantasy coins -using REAL Peace dollars. Look them up online, he did a sweet job.

Trench
 
thats a really cool coin whatever it is! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]
 
I would keep it just as an unusual find. It only cost 10 cents so you're not out much and it is a cool conversation piece.
 
I've found 2 of those, 1 from a cwr dime roll and the other in a coin counter bag.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom