What's new

HELP! IS THIS AN ERROR PENNY!

prairieman

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites
Hi,

I need some help to determine if this is an error penny. I have a 1978 D penny that is nickel in color. There appears to be some slight copper showing through, but not very much. The reverse is better than the obverse. Any help would be appreciated (see images). Thanks!

Prairieman
 

Attachments

  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 559
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,296
Upvote 0
Not an error.

Someone messed around with it to change the color. A while back someone posted how to change a penny to look silver and how to make one look gold. I'll see if I can find the post.
 
Thanks for the help! I was not sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom