What's new

HELP! Need help dating this buckle

Nectarnick

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 13, 2015
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20150918_165437.webp20150918_165452.webp
 
Upvote 4
COME ON YALL THIS MAN IS NEW NEEDS SOME HELP . WELCOME NEW MEMBER TO TNET AND WHAT YOU HAVE MAY BE A BUCKLE NOT SURE , BUT SOME ONE WILL CHIME IN TO HELP ..
 
I'd say mid to late 1600's. But I'm no expert.
 
looks to be a very old 2 piece type design with the wide flared ears --think of 2 "claw" type hooks and ears sort design (you got the "ears" half ) -- say late 1600 / early / mid 1700 (1680 thru 1750) would be my best wag..

tell it its cutie and ask it out for a cup of coffee.. or a dinner.. and a movie...
 
Last edited:
Yes, its 17th C, as other have said. I've only got about 3 complete ones.
 
tell it its cutie and ask it out for a cup of coffee.. or a dinner.. and a movie... ?????? Jimmy crack corn?
 
looks to be a very old 2 piece type design with the wide flared ears --think of 2 "claw" type hooks and ears sort design (you got the "ears" half ) -- say late 1600 / early / mid 1700 (1680 thru 1750) would be my best wag..

tell it its cutie and ask it out for a cup of coffee.. or a dinner.. and a movie...

These are 1620-1680, so squarely 17th C. Never 2 piece but sometimes tinned.
 
I did wag 1680 ...as my early time frame guess .. wrong on it being two part.... so I only et half a credit point.. here in America these things are seldom seen unlike your neck of the woods where their more common..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom