What's new

help needed: update

fmerg

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
905
Reaction score
750
Golden Thread
1
Location
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have been asked by a local low income apartment complex to set up a treasure detecting pit for an up coming event
this even is for under privileged children ages 8 to 14 or so
there will be about 90 kids there
anyway what i need is some good items for the pit
if anyone on t-net wishes to help me please mail anything you think a kid would find exciting (please no bullets of any kind)
the event is slated for august 19th 2011 and should be covered by the local paper
if you need more info pm me
the mail address is:
frank merg
c/o general mgr
3 garraghan drive
kingston ny 12401
thanks in advance
 
Re: help needed

I will send some baubles found over the years, tommorow! NEAT! TTC
 
Re: help needed

Hey Frank.

I am all about this and so should everyone else ..Ahem! ::)

You sent me things for our youth program, so I will return the favor.


Cmon you Tnetters don't be stingy help the kids.

Help the kids or be cursed! :laughing9:
 
Re: help needed

I'm in White Plains, maybe 1.5-hours south? Can I come up and help? 914-589-3985

fmerg said:
i have been asked by a local low income apartment complex to set up a treasure detecting pit for an up coming event
this even is for under privileged children ages 8 to 14 or so
there will be about 90 kids there
anyway what i need is some good items for the pit
if anyone on t-net wishes to help me please mail anything you think a kid would find exciting (please no bullets of any kind)
the event is slated for august 19th 2011 and should be covered by the local paper
if you need more info pm me
the mail address is:
frank merg
c/o general mgr
3 garraghan drive
kingston ny 12401
thanks in advance
 
Re: help needed

Terry Soloman said:
I'm in White Plains, maybe 1.5-hours south? Can I come up and help? 914-589-3985

fmerg said:
i have been asked by a local low income apartment complex to set up a treasure detecting pit for an up coming event
this even is for under privileged children ages 8 to 14 or so
there will be about 90 kids there
anyway what i need is some good items for the pit
if anyone on t-net wishes to help me please mail anything you think a kid would find exciting (please no bullets of any kind)
the event is slated for august 19th 2011 and should be covered by the local paper
if you need more info pm me
the mail address is:
frank merg
c/o general mgr
3 garraghan drive
kingston ny 12401
thanks in advance
Terry your a class act buddy.
 
Re: help needed

Terry Soloman said:
I'm in White Plains, maybe 1.5-hours south? Can I come up and help? 914-589-3985
great i will check with the manager and what they say
right now i only have two detectors for them to use a ace 150 and a bh 505
still trying to figureout the workings of the pit lol
 
Re: help needed

fmerg said:
Terry Soloman said:
I'm in White Plains, maybe 1.5-hours south? Can I come up and help? 914-589-3985
great i will check with the manager and what they say
right now i only have two detectors for them to use a ace 150 and a bh 505
still trying to figureout the workings of the pit lol

I have a couple of detectors I can probably bring, and I have some cool stuff for you to seed as well. Please be sure to call me when you know!
 
Re: help needed

wow this is great!! If i was able to find something i would send something :icon_scratch:!!! Or what kind of "treasures" would be cool? Let me know!! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: help needed

rtde3 said:
Frank,
I have some new Metal Detecting T-shirts for kids in all sizes. If you would like I can send you some to use as prizes. You can just bury a token or something like a poker chip with a penny glued to it. (so it gives a signal) Then tell the kids if you find one of the tokens it's good for a T-shirt! If you have other prizes then just number the tokens & keep a list of what each token is good for. Thats how my club has done it in the past. Just let me know. :thumbsup:
wow that would be great thank you
 
Re: help needed

What kind of stuff are you looking to use? If you make a list up it would be a lot easier to supply things and have a general idea of what you are looking for. Thanks!
 
Re: help needed

TerryC said:
I will send some baubles found over the years, tommorow! NEAT! TTC
Ok, Franc. As they say... "it's in the mail!". Because of the considerable monetary value, I had the box sent "confirmed reciept". I am not sure if the mgr can sign or you must, so watch for it. (some really good stuff in there!) ALWAYS fun to help! TTC
 
Re: help needed

dallgire said:
What kind of stuff are you looking to use? If you make a list up it would be a lot easier to supply things and have a general idea of what you are looking for. Thanks!
anything you think a kid age 8 to 14 would like to find it's always a bonus if there is some thing they can learn from it
 
Re: help needed

fmerg said:
dallgire said:
What kind of stuff are you looking to use? If you make a list up it would be a lot easier to supply things and have a general idea of what you are looking for. Thanks!
anything you think a kid age 8 to 14 would like to find it's always a bonus if there is some thing they can learn from it

Yea i just have never found anything "old" so if i can buy some stuff then i certainly can help in that regard!
 
Re: help needed

Here's a tip folks. Send something SAFE no sharp edges. Foreign coins are good, because they have to research them to learn about them.. The prizes could be a hat, a silver coin, a matchbox car...etc... I wrap polished garnets, amethyst, etc...in tin foil. Kids love it.
 
Re: help needed

Woodland Detectors said:
Here's a tip folks. Send something SAFE no sharp edges. Foreign coins are good, because they have to research them to learn about them.. The prizes could be a hat, a silver coin, a matchbox car...etc... I wrap polished garnets, amethyst, etc...in tin foil. Kids love it.
Woodland... Funny you should mention foreign coins... I made sure a Colombian coin was in the bunch. I found it on a FL beach. 50 pesetas, I think. It is a "gold colored" coin. When I found it, I just about passed out, only to learn, "Not today!" I put together some real goodys. Wish I could be there (in NY). TTC
 
Re: help needed

I was just told by the property mgr that two packages arrived today but we are gonna wait till the end of next week to open the packages
thanks to all that help me with this event
i will make more post with pictures as time goes on
also there will be a sign that states treasurenet.com members are the sponsors of the treasure pit and a special mention of mike from woodland detectors i will also let jeff of pa know the names of all those who helped and ask him to give them an honorable mention

thanks again all
 
Re: help needed (update)

here are some pictures of what members sent for the pit
(hope i wrote things down right)
first is the gen mgr opening the box sent by rtde3 ( i know the kids are gonna love the tees and hats)
2011.08.02-DSCF1625.webp
2011.08.02-DSCF1624.webp
next is bramblefind
2011.08.02-DSCF1638.webp
and terry c
2011.08.02-DSCF1639.webp
a special thanks to mike from woodland detectors for his input both on the board and on the phone
terry soloman is coming up to help run the pit and plans on bring a surprise with him
 
Re: help needed

Frank, I can send a couple, or a few, rolls of Wheat Cents If that will help let me know.
 
Re: help needed

Frank, it was great speaking with you last night, and I am really looking forward to meeting you this weekend, and helping you with the event next week! I got some more good news for you!

I have all of my Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq detectors at the factory in Prescott, for their end-of-season tune ups. I asked Robert, if he would ship two of them to me here in New York for the kids to use - and he is shipping them out to me TODAY!

How freakin' cool is that?! Thank you Tesoro!

See you Saturday! - T

fmerg said:
i have been asked by a local low income apartment complex to set up a treasure detecting pit for an up coming event
this even is for under privileged children ages 8 to 14 or so
there will be about 90 kids there
anyway what i need is some good items for the pit
if anyone on t-net wishes to help me please mail anything you think a kid would find exciting (please no bullets of any kind)
the event is slated for august 19th 2011 and should be covered by the local paper
if you need more info pm me
the mail address is:
frank merg
c/o general mgr
3 garraghan drive
kingston ny 12401
thanks in advance
 
Re: help needed

I just saw this.

Would it be too late if something goes out in tomorrows mail from Indiana?

GG~
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom