✅ SOLVED help on a bullet and a button please..

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, i dug up this bullet and button today.the bullet measures 3/8 of an inch wide by 5/8 of an inch long, i found this in a park near a cemetery that dates back to early 1800's. it was 6" deep and white as snow..old?
The button I'm almost positive it is aluminum and was found along an old limestone sidewalk..
Thanks for looking..I'm sure it will be solved quickly you guy's are awesome on solving finds.
Owg..
Happy Hunting from southwest Ohio..

Attachments

• DSCN0001 (2).JPG
    DSCN0001 (2).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • DSCN0002 (2).JPG
    DSCN0002 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • DSCN0005 (2).JPG
    DSCN0005 (2).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • DSCN0010.JPG
    DSCN0010.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • DSCN0013 (2).JPG
    DSCN0013 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
OP
OP
ohiowhiteguy

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
updated cleaned up pic. of button.
Owg..

Attachments

• DSCN0015 (2).JPG
    DSCN0015 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • DSCN0016 (2).JPG
    DSCN0016 (2).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your button is a mid-20th-Century civilian sportscoat/blazer button... specifically, in your case, from a Golfing jacket. The emblem on it is the official emblem of the Royal Black Heath Golfing Club, in Scotland. However, it's not really from that club... the emblem has been used generically on many-many Golfing jackets. The photos below show some other variations of your button's emblem. Yours, inside an octagon, is the first one I've seen.

In the club's emblem, you see a golfer (or caddy) at left, the balls below, the Thistle symbol of Scotland at right, and the British Royal Crown above. And of course, crossed golf-clubs at the center. Supposedly, the odd lettering around the rim is Gaelic or Scottish runes.

Your bullet is an early-1900s pistol bullet. So far I haven't seen anybody give a specific ID as to which pistol or manufacturer (Smith & Wesson, or Colt, etc, etc). You say your bullet is 3/8-inch wide, which is slightly larger than the .32-caliber ones I've seen before. Apparently it was a fairly popular bullet, because it turns up in ID-requests fairly frequently here at T-Net.

Attachments

• button_MODERN_sportsman_golfjacket_RoyalBlackHeathGolfingclub-Scotland_narrow-rim_lined-field_TN.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 38
  • button_MODERN_sportsman_golfjacket_RoyalBlackHeathGolfingclub-Scotland_no-rim_smoothfield_frontv.jpg
    button_MODERN_sportsman_golfjacket_RoyalBlackHeathGolfingclub-Scotland_no-rim_smoothfield_frontv.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 38
  • button_MODERN_sportsman_golfjacket_RoyalBlackHeathGolfingclub-Scotland_roundrim_TN_postedbyBigCy.jpg
    button_MODERN_sportsman_golfjacket_RoyalBlackHeathGolfingclub-Scotland_roundrim_TN_postedbyBigCy.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread