What's new

Help on the maker of this double barrel wall hanger

Richmond1

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 12, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi All,

Picked this up at an antique store. Seller has no info about it. I am trying to figure out the maker if possible.
There don't seem to be any maker marks on it. Most details rubbed off. Anyway, perhaps the stock will give some clues.
The barrel is 33" and the entire gun is 48". Can post more pics if necessary. Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    78.3 KB · Views: 495
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 569
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 478
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 485
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 452
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    20 KB · Views: 452
Nice looking piece. What guage? A 12 will be in neighborhood of 3/4" (.73")
I can't tell if the ramrod is with it. The brad stock repair is typical. Damascus barrells. Take the barrells off. There should be markings on the underlug. I like it.
I have 14 bore Hopkins & Allen that I quail hunted with (during wet weather to keep from setting the world on fire)until about five yrs. ago. Good squirrel gun, but if the critter didn't fall out of the smoke cloud...you missed..and he excaped in the smoke screen.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip! I just took the gun apart. Appears a 12 guage.

After searching out the marks (ELG*) and Drisket & Waroux #4388 LC on the bottom of the barrel, the gun is a Belgian Made Gun (Liege) made between 1870-1873.
 
Upvote 0
One more tip...Look under the butt plate. Good place to hide things.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom