What's new

Help on this one A couple better pics

cnr_dogs

Greenie
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Got this coin at a school yesterday , there are others on the web. I googled the paticulars of the coin/token gabriel michael raphael triangle circle cross hebrew. but seems the others that have them cant figure out what they are either..... So its time for the alknowing on the forum to help


Filed the edge solid through...Brass???
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 5,242
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 3,327
  • weird.webp
    weird.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 2,209
  • weird1.webp
    weird1.webp
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,654
Re: Help on this one

Interesting......sorry, no help here..... :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help on this one

I am pretty sure it is a protection token...using the archangels as a call for help when needed
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help on this one

Gypsy Heart said:
I am pretty sure it is a protection token...using the archangels as a call for help when needed

I agree with Gypsy as it being a protection token for Jews, but think it is a Christian token because the Archangels names are in English, not Hebrew. An authentic Jewish amulet wouldn't have English on it The seven Archangels are Michael, Jophiel, Chamuel, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel and Zadekiel.

Neat find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, I thought Hebrew right away as well. Then again with the Christian names on the front threw me off a bit. Wow.....unsure. Good luck!
 
Upvote 0
just hucking this out there to help you research item.It is often refered to as a tallisman.It is a protection/good luck,prayor medal.the reverse is described below.4x4 Magic Square of Jupiter:
The 4x4 Magic Square of Jupiter has 16 squares. It was used as a talisman for good luck in the Middle Ages. First seen in European art in 1514.
[TABLE="width: 88"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 22"]16

[TD="width: 22"] 3 [/TD]
[TD="width: 22"] 2 [/TD]
[TD="width: 22"] 13 [/TD]

[TD="width: 22"] 5 [/TD]
[TD="width: 22"] 10 [/TD]
[TD="width: 22"] 11 [/TD]
[TD="width: 22"] 8 [/TD]

[TD="width: 22"] 9 [/TD]
[TD="width: 22"] 6 [/TD]
[TD="width: 22"] 7 [/TD]
[TD="width: 22"] 12 [/TD]

[TD="width: 22"] 4 [/TD]
[TD="width: 22"] 15 [/TD]
[TD="width: 22"] 14 [/TD]
[TD="width: 22"] 1 [/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]The horizontal and vertical rows as well as the diagonals and quadrant squares all add up to 34 with total sum of 136. In his engraving Melencolia I, Albrecht Dürerrearranged the 4x4 magic square reversing 14-15 to 15-14, the year of his engraving.

this info for future finders of such an item...they are fairly common
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
One thing I wonder about is the triangle on a coin that size. It has always been kind of an international symbol for AA.
 
Upvote 0
Fairly common how. Those coins find the person. My mother passed away last month and today I was thinking of her. And I went through her belongings various time and it was never there until today. and when I looked earlier it wasn't there. Can you explain that? Its also known as a star coin. Meaning it came from another planet. And that's not Hebrew. Its angelic writing. The Hebrews just copied their style. I've seen spirits in human form, shadows and white mist. Ive even met Lucifer in my dreams but I know it was an out of body experience so it has to be spiritual. And English is universal now literally. So I know god exist and cause he talked too me once also so why is it so hard to believe a angle might of brought it. The weird thing was that it was my moms birthday yesterday an in catholic believe it was angle days. Just all weird. But its more rare than bigfoot forsure.
 
Upvote 0
The writing looks Middle Eastern, but I wonder if it's actually based on early Latin. (?)
I have no reference for that, just an idea.
 
Upvote 0
Wait. That's not writing at all. It's all #'s.
They all match the numerals on the "Magic Square of Jupiter"!

Found it. It's Latin Numerals. And that would reinforce the Catholic theory.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have one of these coins also. I don't think that "grid" can be a Magic Square, as the Dalet, Het, and Yod are in multiple positions.
Plus, using their standard Hebrew valus as numbers doesn't work as Nun=50 and Pe (final)=800!
I've even tried substituting all values from 0 to 9 for each symbol, and it still doesn't make a Magic Square.
 
Upvote 0
Yes I am the one who gave you the coin in school and I'd very much like my coin back, I can answer you and provide proof of whom I am and the photos from before I gave you the coin in class.
 
Upvote 0
Also since the last time I saw you in Riverwood I've learned these last few years the coin was originally apart of a collection and many people had gotten different variants of the coin during an event. Thee event in question I'm still searching for on but will update you when I get more info.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom