What's new

Help-pending divorce

jprine

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Really not a divorce pending, however after I found this site a couple of weeks ago and have been searching coins ever since, my wife thinks I am loosing my mind (and she may be right). This really is fun and I hope profitable at some point. The tellers at my bank look at me a little funny now also. Anyway, I do have a question. Any idea what is up with the nickel pictured below. It looks the same on both sides; almost like something is layered over it to dull the detail; however, there is a crack/seam that runs from three to seven oclock and the rim is flattened. There is probably some good explanation of this but I do not have a clue. Any Ideas? Love the site-any good divorce attorneys out there......
 

Attachments

  • Nickel.webp
    Nickel.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 498
Upvote 0
Cant tell ya anyting abouts your coin but it looks to be real worn.

But as for the wife mine was a little slow to catch on but she is now ordering her own Boxes every week too; we been CRH'ing & Box hunting for about 4 months, though we are in a very dry 6 week spell our totals for so far are over 1400 Silver halves.
 
Yea I'm not sure on the coin. But it is odd looking

As far as your new hobby keep it in moderation and try to sell it as a hobby that pays for itself and then some. but until you hit a big score it will be hard to justify the time spent until you can show her a decent payday.

When I first started I couldn't stop talking about it. So she may be a little jealous of your new hobby and the joy you might get from it and the time it takes your attention away from her or the family. Belive me we are all aware of the significant others having an issue with our alternate passion.

Mojo
 
Hey im pretty new also, only have been doing it for two months now. Its awesome, but remember keep it fun.
 
I would go ahead now and decide who gets to keep the nickel.
 
Good eye, but it is post mint damage. That has been put in between two other objects more than once and had a lot of pressure applied.
 
yes it is called laminate,somewhere in its life it was laminated in-between,could of been an album or even coin protectors from long ago hope this helps.
 
Thanks for the info. Being new to this, I guess i really want to find something that is either worth something or unique.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom