What's new

help please tell me what is this.. flint tooled, weapon or what???

lazooro

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
370
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found this in river long time ago.. it is tooled with some space in middle.
thx help
 

Attachments

  • DSC02805.webp
    DSC02805.webp
    39.8 KB · Views: 375
  • DSC02806.webp
    DSC02806.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 369
  • DSC02807.webp
    DSC02807.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 374
LaZoOro, that is pretty neat. I think if someone could identify it they'd need to see a clear shot of the groove, particularly to show its wear, as well as a straight shot of each edge to judge thickness and taper, chipping, possible silicon patina over chipped spots, etc.. Also was it near water, what might have been arable land, etc.? Can't wait to learn what it is.
 
Upvote 0
Definitely a flint tool. Cool piece :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Although it was worked, I don't know if you can be sure it is a tool yet Spike. I neglected to see it was found near water, but since it was, there's still the possibility of net weight, at least until things like taper, and possibly worked edges can be seen from a dead on angle.
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
LaZoOro, that is pretty neat. I think if someone could identify it they'd need to see a clear shot of the groove, particularly to show its wear, as well as a straight shot of each edge to judge thickness and taper, chipping, possible silicon patina over chipped spots, etc.. Also was it near water, what might have been arable land, etc.? Can't wait to learn what it is.

thx for help..please tell me if i need to add some other pics and if, how do i have to take pictures??
it was in the river and was pulled out with sand and other rocks for a gravel (boulder pebble?)
happy i recognize it between so many gravel! it is very smooth like piece of ice :-) even it was in water (who knows how long)
this is first time i ask someone about this thing so i like it much more now..
thx again
 
Upvote 0
net weight????? oh my...please look at my another post!!
thx
 
Upvote 0
Again, that find is very cool, particularly as it was found in Slovenia which suggests possibility of great age. Although the other forum is called "American Indian Artifacts", you might get some pretty knowledgeable responses there, and a better idea of what they need to see to get some sort of identity.
I'm only familiar with Delaware Indian artifacts from here and don't want to mislead you, but if I were to compare, I'd guess your object was a crude net weght (if flint is plentiful, and that is another point you probably should find out)
 
Upvote 0
I don't want to mislead you either. Reckon I should state that I think it is a flint tool :thumbsup:

Posting in American Indian Artifacts is not a bad idea.
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
Again, that find is very cool, particularly as it was found in Slovenia which suggests possibility of great age. Although the other forum is called "American Indian Artifacts", you might get some pretty knowledgeable responses there, and a better idea of what they need to see to get some sort of identity.
I'm only familiar with Delaware Indian artifacts from here and don't want to mislead you, but if I were to compare, I'd guess your object was a crude net weght (if flint is plentiful, and that is another point you probably should find out)

thank you very much again.. all this findings were all found at river Bosna in Bosnia where i have my origins..there is so much secrets and interesting history for example this amazing pyramids :piramida sunca...
greetings
 
Upvote 0
LaZoOro said:
johnnyi said:
Again, that find is very cool, particularly as it was found in Slovenia which suggests possibility of great age. Although the other forum is called "American Indian Artifacts", you might get some pretty knowledgeable responses there, and a better idea of what they need to see to get some sort of identity.
I'm only familiar with Delaware Indian artifacts from here and don't want to mislead you, but if I were to compare, I'd guess your object was a crude net weght (if flint is plentiful, and that is another point you probably should find out)

thank you very much again.. all this findings were all found at river Bosna in Bosnia where i have my origins..there is so much secrets and interesting history for example this amazing pyramids :piramida sunca...
greetings

Bosnia? Wow.. be careful what you dig there!

MB
 
Upvote 0
MonkeyBoy said:
Bosnia? Wow.. be careful what you dig there!

MB


you got it right..Celtic site was bombed from Croatia that is hundreds Kilometers away!! and where one bomb fell i also found Hungarian coin..
thx for concern
 
Upvote 0
LaZoOro
It looks like a tool used for making other tools such as arrow heads what not, its called a knapping tool whats left of it



Mav
 
Upvote 0
It would be helpful to see it with better light and the groove. Hard to tell for certain with the shadows. Greetings from America :thumbsup:
HH
TnMtns
 
Upvote 0
mavrick03 said:
LaZoOro
It looks like a tool used for making other tools such as arrow heads what not, its called a knapping tool whats left of it



Mav

thank you thank you very much!!! here is some more pics... i watch regularly Time Team and i understand what is tooled rock..
here are some more pics!! thank you again
 

Attachments

  • DSC02831.webp
    DSC02831.webp
    111.7 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC02829.webp
    DSC02829.webp
    100.1 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC02828.webp
    DSC02828.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC02827.webp
    DSC02827.webp
    277.7 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC02826.webp
    DSC02826.webp
    257.2 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC02832.webp
    DSC02832.webp
    142.7 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC02833.webp
    DSC02833.webp
    138.7 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC02834.webp
    DSC02834.webp
    121.6 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC02835.webp
    DSC02835.webp
    153 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC02836.webp
    DSC02836.webp
    96.7 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC02837.webp
    DSC02837.webp
    138.9 KB · Views: 208
Upvote 0
Yes it has ancient workmanship on it. I think the actual shape is natural and they started to work and knapp the edges to form a tool. It may have served as a chopping tool. It is definatly a ancient artifact but what they used it for I have no idea. It may have been used as is or never finished and discarded.
Very nice find and very old :icon_sunny:
TnMtns
 
Upvote 0
TnMountains said:
Yes it has ancient workmanship on it. I think the actual shape is natural and they started to work and knapp the edges to form a tool. It may have served as a chopping tool. It is definatly a ancient artifact but what they used it for I have no idea. It may have been used as is or never finished and discarded.
Very nice find and very old :icon_sunny:
TnMtns

I think that's a good call TnMountains :icon_thumright:

Nice dark flint color.
 
Upvote 0
TnMountains said:
Yes it has ancient workmanship on it. I think the actual shape is natural and they started to work and knapp the edges to form a tool. It may have served as a chopping tool. It is definatly a ancient artifact but what they used it for I have no idea. It may have been used as is or never finished and discarded.
Very nice find and very old :icon_sunny:
TnMtns

THANK YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH THAT IS REALLY GR8!!!
THX AGAIN TO ALL!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom