help please

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It will take more then settings. Don't misunderstand please! settings are indeed important, but they are used in combination with experience and patience. There are NO magic formulas. Like any thing else in life, If you expect things to come to you because your a nice person, your going to be disappointed.

Take a deep breath and say to yourself, I will learn and experience the hobby. Then one day, you will have "paid your dues" and will be a success like most of us.

I have not hit anything good for about 3 months. discouraging? You bet. but we all have dry periods.

Off and on, I've used detectors for about 30 years and I'm still learning.
Stay focused.

Carry on.

Ralph

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob, hang in there as you are on the cutting edge with a fine detector that has disc if you want to use it. Back when I started we where lucky to be able to find a tin can under a newspaper. Well maybe it wasn't quite that bad. As Ralph said there are no magic settings and the detectors only tell us the conductivity. A coin that is on edge gives a different reading than one flat. You just need to put your time in and dig everything till you get an idea what it is before you dig it up. Many targets have nearly the same conductivity as each other so what the screen tells you might be something else. It is best to use the smallest coil you can get for your F70 to get only one target at a time under the coil and makes pinpointing very easy.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bob,
Didn't know if you know about the Oklahoma site but we hunt "around" OKC. Few guys here use a F70 might be able to show you how they hunt with theirs here. Contact SteveGoss on the OK forum.

Be glad to can help you set it up if my sons ever don't have a weekend without a baseball tourney. I get out as much as baseball "allows" me to. lol

http://okmdclub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread