What's new

Help to Id Buckle

TheCaribbeanDigger

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2013
Messages
600
Reaction score
753
Golden Thread
0
Location
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this buckle (assuming it is) and I definitely don?t know its age. Can someone help?
 

Attachments

  • 93786C6E-D109-4202-AA88-2A68E58B4BFD.webp
    93786C6E-D109-4202-AA88-2A68E58B4BFD.webp
    727.8 KB · Views: 79
Your find appears to be the "tongue" half of a 2-piece brass US Army Model-1917 Garrison Web-Belt. See the photo attached below.

I should mention, it resembles the same component of a US Army Model-1936 Web-Belt. The difference is, the Model-1917's tongue CURVES SIDEWAYS off of the belt-keeper bar, and the Model-1936's tongue stands straight up from the belt-keeper bar. Use the 2nd photo below to compare the shapes.
 

Attachments

  • buckle_WW1_US_Garrison-belt_Model1917_DSCF3545.webp
    buckle_WW1_US_Garrison-belt_Model1917_DSCF3545.webp
    65.3 KB · Views: 75
  • buckle_WW2_Army-web-belt_US-Model-1936_closeup.webp
    buckle_WW2_Army-web-belt_US-Model-1936_closeup.webp
    62.7 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom