HELP!!!!! What is this, mystery of the year!!

I just dont know

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajareed15

Nov 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heavy in weight, not magnetic...Ive tried. Ive matched it with all non magnetic metals...no results. I just dont know. Normally i can identify a rock but this....this is something i can not put my finger any where close to the answer. Its driving me mad..HELP!!!!!! 20181112_170227.jpg 20181113_173743.jpg 20181112_170211.jpg 20181112_164329.jpg

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard ajareed15! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Could it be a melted alloy from a fire? It looks like it was liquid at one point, maybe hard bullet lead? Or an alien skull fragment? I dunno

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
A slab of skin from Maxine Waters?

I have no idea, but sure is an interesting specimen. Is there a University nearby that has a geology department? If so, maybe they could help.

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gut-sick again this morning, so this will probably be my only post for today.

I think Joe Dirt and Bologna321 are on the right track. I notice one side of the object has what looks to me like "semi-conchoidal fracture" breakage. The opposite side shows the "dried-mud lakebed" cracking pattern mentioned by Bologna321. So, to my eye, it looks like a mineral or substance that possesses conchoidal or semi-conchoidal fracture (such as Asphalt, glass, Obsidian, etc) which was previously molten and while molten fell onto a dried-mud lakebed, creating an impression of the lakebed's cracked surface on its underside.

As to the identity of the mineral or substance... to my eye, it looks like Asphalt (a mineral whose natural color varies from shades of dark-brown to black).

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread