What's new

Help! Whats this coin?

[emoji3]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
My first thought is a jeton / jetton. They are copper/brass/bronze and can be very thin. Here is a page from the Colchester group and a scan of one that looks similar-

jettons
 

Attachments

  • jetton.webp
    jetton.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 78
It looks very similar.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
It looks very much like that? Where is that coin from? And how old would it be?
 
The date says from 1497-1515


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
And it s french


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Even the coat of arms bit is the same shape, :laughing7:
 
By jove i think we got it yay!!!
 
Congrats on you find.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Oldest thing I have found is a 1887 Indian head penny. (USA)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thank you so much guys, my other half found a coin from Queen Elizabeth 1st from 1575 and ive just beat him on oldest find woop!
 
I wish I had coins that old over here across the pond.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
but what about my ego?..... now I will have to go detecting to find it again

chub
 
Haha


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Good one!!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom