What's new

Help with clay figure Mayan?

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help with this little figure?
 
Jtw1313,

Interesting looking critter. I will start with I have zero expertise in this area but will recommend that you will get better results in finding more about your figurine if you provide additional information about it. Recommend you tell where and how you found it, why you think it may be Mayan vice a tourist piece, and also provide some more dimensions and a weight. Just a thought. Good luck with your hunts. Walt
 
Upvote 0
Does it Whistle ?

whistle.webp
 
Upvote 0
No it does not whistle

I found it with this
This piece would pour a liquid
 
Upvote 0
I can't find anything relating to either a Mayan or Aztec
deity that was a rat. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Not a rat. It's a coatimundi. I don't get a Mayan vibe from it but it does have a native styling to it. Coati do have some symbolic status among native tribes from the US southwest down through central America.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom