What's new

Help with G-sale find

highnam

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2012
Messages
1,624
Reaction score
1,710
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help with G-sale find (Shaker bench?)

I bought this little bench looking piece at a garage sale and wanted to learn more about it.
The “seat” of the bench is 30”x7” and 7” tall so perhaps it is too small to be a bench.
A25F6BE2-BFED-440F-B1E0-382956C45CA2.webpIt doesn’t have any fancy joinery but it looks to have some patina9DC74532-30E5-4DDD-AE65-768AF2652C34.webpI also discovered a signature “James D. Clyde” followed by a No.28F0AEC348-05F2-4D55-B2A6-3875D5E9D100.webpany clue on age or practical use? I didn’t find anything searching James D. Cylde, maybe if I knew the correct word for this piece. Thanks!
 
Last edited:
I would hazard a guess that your piece is a kneeling bench for praying. Old Shaker bench example below

kneelingbench.webp
 
Upvote 0
Congrats highnam, nice primitive find!
 
Upvote 0
Congrats highnam, nice primitive find!
thank you!
in researching Shaker furniture any hand written initials or signature could be relevant, I also see a set of initials that look to say “P.B.”E1D7588A-477C-4CF2-8371-134488F85E72.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom