What's new

✅ SOLVED Help with ID

Ed_DE

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2019
Messages
731
Reaction score
3,711
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today at a house that date's back to the 1700-1800"s. There appears to be writing on it. Somebody's initials? The metal is non-magnetic. I do know that Isaac Worral lived there.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1829.webp
    IMG_1829.webp
    611.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1830.webp
    IMG_1830.webp
    659.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1831.webp
    IMG_1831.webp
    754.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1834.webp
    IMG_1834.webp
    625.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1835.webp
    IMG_1835.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
The shaft is 1/2 inch diameter.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1841.webp
    IMG_1841.webp
    595.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Like
Reactions: ARC
Upvote 1
looks like solid silver, but seeing no marks to indicate that. the monogram looks typical late 19th early 20th century in style or so it seems to me.
 
Upvote 3
looks like solid silver, but seeing no marks to indicate that. the monogram looks typical late 19th early 20th century in style or so it seems to me.
Thanks tamarack. Except for the initials there are no markings. It does have some weight to it. I think I'll get a gold & silver test kit and thanks for the information on the monogram.
 
Upvote 2
I tried to clean it up some & took some better pics. I do have a tough time deciphering these monograms. But to me it looks like MSR.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1847.webp
    IMG_1847.webp
    311.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1850.webp
    IMG_1850.webp
    268.6 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 2

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom