What's new

Help with Identification???

soky72

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
32
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Kentucky
Finally got to go metal detecting for first time in a long time and I hit a well worn civil war battle site and found a few items. I was curious if any of the iron in the picture is period or modern such as the wrench? The items are just as corroded as shell fragments I find at the site so they are all old just not sure how old. I don't know what the trigger looking item is but it doesn't appear to be broken.
 

Attachments

  • Finds.webp
    Finds.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 729
The quarter is probably for size reference. That wrench looks like one my dad has in his misc tools. So doubt it is over 60-80 years old. But I am not expert so just another opinion :BangHead:
 
Upvote 0
The center piece looks like a suspender catch, and beside it is a standard heavy-guage cotter pin like for the center of a wheel.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Wow you've really jogged my memory (not an easy task these days). After cleaning does it a a groove running along the top and a hole in the middle? Reference the one on the left in my pic. I found these when I was a kid and assumed they were pistol hammers or triggers of some sort. Never had them properly ID'd. I'll post my pics too..
 

Attachments

  • whatisit5.webp
    whatisit5.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 422
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom