What's new

Help with old eagle button please

relic lover

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
2,218
Reaction score
1,310
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this old eagle button buried deep in an old wagon trail it is a flattened two piece coat size with a heraldic eagle and the backmark Austin C O Providence R I. Can anyone date it or tell me more about it? Finds in the area date from the late 1700s to the 1920s.
 

Attachments

  • 1307342888-picsay.webp
    1307342888-picsay.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 270
  • 1307342912-picsay.webp
    1307342912-picsay.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 475
What you have is called the great seal button. They started being made about 1903 and are still in use by the Army today.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks. I did find a WWI dog tag there this spring so that makes total sense.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom