jog
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Nov 28, 2008
- Messages
- 1,367
- Reaction score
- 682
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Tillamook Oregon
- Detector(s) used
- Whites MXT / GMT
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:I think it is called a great seal coat button. Very common. WWI or II.
IronSpike said:mainer said:I think it is called a great seal coat button. Very common. WWI or II.
Mainer is right on great seal button
Can you make out the backmark?
Check out BCH's thread:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,212590.0.html
OK" I looked at the back and all i can make out is GCO-?N ? M ?N-R . The C might be an O but it's hard to tell. Thanks For the help, and thanks for looking!IronSpike said:mainer said:I think it is called a great seal coat button. Very common. WWI or II.
Mainer is right on great seal button
Can you make out the backmark?
Check out BCH's thread:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,212590.0.html
Its the smaller cuff button. Start with this partial list. I have more. I think you are looking at _______ MFG CO.jog said:OK" I looked at the back and all i can make out is GCO-?N ? M ?N-R . The C might be an O but it's hard to tell. Thanks For the help, and thanks for looking!
Thanks for all the good info.bigcypresshunter said:Its the smaller cuff button. Start with this partial list. I have more. I think you are looking at _______ MFG CO.jog said:OK" I looked at the back and all i can make out is GCO-?N ? M ?N-R . The C might be an O but it's hard to tell. Thanks For the help, and thanks for looking!
1- SCOVILL MF'G CO WATERBURY (back ungilted) WWI (1850-1865 backmark)
2- SCOVILL MF'G CO WATERBURY WWI (1850-1865 backmark)
3- SCOVILL MF'G CO. * WATERBURY * 1902-1918 (1870s-? backmark)
4- SCOVILL MF'G CO. WATERBURY CT. WWI (1870s-? backmark)
5- SCOVILL M'FG CO. WATERBURY (ring of dots) 1902 (1860-1880 backmark)
6- WATERBURY BUTTON CO. * 1849-1965
7- WATERBURY BUTTON CO. *CONN.* pre 1965
8- WATERBURY COS INC CONN post 1965
9- W W W W (waterbury) modern
10- W.B. CO.
11- CITY BUTTON WORKS - N.Y.- WWI
12- CITY BUTTON WORKS- NEW YORK- 1877-1923
13- US PRODUCTS CORP
14- R. LIEBMANN MFG CO WWI
15 R. LIEBMANN MFG. CO.-NEWARK NJ-
16- R.L. MFG Co Newark N.J.
17- THE AUSTIN CO. PROVIDENCE R.I.
18- HORSTMANN *** PHILA *** 1893-1935
19- ARNSTEIN SIMON & CO. * S.F. * WWI
20- N.S. MEYERS * NEW YORK * 1906-2000 (in business in NY)
21- AMERICAN BUTTON CO. *NEWARK N.J.* 1901-1920
22- AM. BUTTON CO *NEWARK, N.J.* 1902-1917
23- AMERICAN EMBLEM CO. UTICA N.Y. WWI
24- C KENYON CO. NEW YORK WWI- 1930
25- UNIQUE ART MFG CO. NEWARK, N. J.
26- ART METAL WORKS INC -NEWARK, N.J.- 1900-1930 approx.
27- METAL SPECIALTIES Co. ATTLESBURG, MASS. 1940-1945 (painted black)
28- CHAS. FISCHER SPG. CO. NEW YORK WWII?
29- * SUPERIOR QUALITY *
30- GREENWOOD CO * DETROIT MICH *
31- COL BUT WKS RUTHERFORD N.J. WWI
32- COLUMBIA BUTTON WKS*RUTHERFORD,N.J.* WWI
33- NEW YORK BUTTON WORKS WWI (found in France)
34- S & J WATERBURY CT. WWI (found in France)
35- STEELE & JOHNSON * WATERBURY CT * WWI (found in France)
36- JEWELERS PRODUCTS CORP. PROV. R.I. WWI (found in France)
37- SUPREME 172 QUALITY
38- REX PRODUCTS CORP * NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. * 1902-WWII
39- D. EVANS & CO. * NO. ATTLEBORO, MASS. 1848-1945
40- D. EVANS & CO. N.A. WWI (found in France)
41- D. EVANS & CO ATTLEBORO FALLS WWI
42- * SUPERIOR QUALITY *
43- MADE IN ENGLAND (anodized aluminum front)
44- S. EISENER CO. RED BANK N.J. WWI (in business1859-1925)
45- CORD C22
46- TIFFANY & CO. MAKERS ** M ** (14K gold blazer) 1907-1947
47- ? N.Y. (pressed vegetable ivory) war years
Dont forget the green check.jog said:After looking at yours, and studying mine for some time, I did make out the exact same thing on mine. That's AMAZING!!! Thanks for all your help. That is the first real button that I have found with some real age to it.
